Makes 12 (using a small cupcake tray)
- 2 Cups Hubbards Almond, Cacao & Coffee Granola, extra for the top
- 40g coconut oil, melted
- 2 Cups Dates
- 1 Cup Milk (we used coconut but any milk/milk alternative will work)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- 120g dark chocolate
- Add the Hubbards Granola to a food processor and blend into a chunky crumb. Combine with the melted coconut oil and divide evenly between the cupcake tray (silicon trays work well), pushing the base down. Place in the fridge while you make the caramel.
- In a blender, combine the dates, milk, vanilla essence and salt. Blend into a smooth paste.
- Pour the caramel into a saucepan and simmer on a low to medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the caramel becomes darker. Add the nut butter and stir through.
- Remove from the heat and divide evenly between the tray.
- Melt the dark chocolate and add a thin layer to the top of the caramel. Sprinkle additional granola onto the melted chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes then carefully remove and enjoy!